The Blue Bird All American Rear Engine school bus not only offers safety and security, but it also directly caters to special needs students.
Blue Bird understands that special needs passengers require unique features and has engineered these qualities into the design of the Blue Bird All American Rear Engine to provide peace of mind for parents and transportation professionals.
Specific Special Needs Equipment/Options on the Blue Bird All American Rear Engine school bus include:
- Recessed wheelchair track and tie-down for safe and secure transport.
- Increased maneuverability from the short wheelbase and superior handling/steering to enable tight turn and curbside pick-ups if needed.
- Smooth operating, ADA-compliant wheelchair lifts from suppliers including Braun and Ricon and flexible wheelchair securement track locations.
- Optional flat floor for maximum configuration flexibility.
- Comfort Aire, Blue Bird’s integrated air conditioning systems, for maintaining passenger compartment temperatures with maximum efficiency and the quality only provided from an OEM installed component.
- Exceptional passenger ride quality with Blue Bird’s energy absorbing rubber isolater mounting system.